Friday, February 17, 2012

Traveler Spotlight: Hank


This afternoon I stumbled upon Hank making tea in the hostel dining room and thought he would be perfect to chat with for the Traveler Spotlight. 

Hank is from Seoul, South Korea and will be spending a total of three weeks traveling around the US. So far he has been to New York City, Niagara Falls, and Chicago and is heading to Denver, Colorado tomorrow. He told me that he likes Chicago very much and especially enjoyed his visit to the John Hancock building where he was able to drink a Chicago-style martini in the Signature Lounge on the 96th floor.

Hank told me that he loves tea culture and that's exactly why he chose to bring his special tea pot with him on his travels. After he showed me the intricate tea-making process, I was lucky enough to have a cup of Hank's woorong tea. He told me this is a very special, high quality Taiwanese tea that is very popular throughout Asia. It is said to lower your cholesterol, cleanse your body, and keep you slim (sounds good to me!). Thanks for the tea Hank! Happy travels and thanks for stopping in Chicago on your adventure.



Interview by Kim Pitingolo 

No comments: