Monday, August 9, 2010

Traveler Spotlight

Amber and Kylie interview Christopher from Los Angeles at the Lollapalooza Mixer:

Is this your first time going to Lollapalooza?
Yes, this will be my first Lollapalooza and first time in Chicago. I came a few days early to see the city and will attend the festival all weekend. I was not able to go to Coachella in southern California this year so Lollapalooza is sort of redemption for missing that.


I’ve always wanted to go to Coachella!
What bands are you most excited about seeing?

I’m going to Lady Gaga on Friday night and also excited to see Arcade Fire, MGMT, and The XX.


We ‘re hoping Gaga puts on a crazy show, but we’re sure she’ll do something surprising.
So, how did you travel to Chicago?

I took a Greyhound bus from Los Angeles. It took 40 hours. It was a long ride but it was worth it.


Did you at least travel with anybody to keep you company?
A friend rode with me and is also at the mixer. We’re going to make this an annual thing where we go around to a different music festival every summer. We’ve both been to a couple of others around the States so far.


Sounds like good way to spend summer vacation to me! Are you staying around Chicago after the festival?
I have to head back to L.A. on Monday.

No comments: